TAKE PART • WIN $100
A cold March day beckoned with the promise of some hill walking with a light snow cover. It was bitterly cold for the duration of the walk most of which was done under leaden clouds. It was a weekday so few people were encountered which was hardly surprising given the conditions. As we were about to commence our descent down to the valley where we had left our car the sun finally managed to break through the clouds and lift the gloom. I had carried my camera all day but had taken hardly any shots in the grey and flat light. The patchy sunlight lifted the scene and brought out the relief and detail of the landscape. I decided to use the maximum 300 mm focal length of my lens to foreshorten the view and highlight the successive ridges. A high shutter speed compensated for a lack of a tripod. The resulting image captures the feel of that late afternoon on a raw winter's day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor