With COVID restrictions at its height, traveling to places to photograph was extremely limited. Thankfully there are some places remote enough to travel to, but yet close enough to satisfy those social distancing limits. Russian River is one such place, close to the wine country of Sonoma, CA. The place itself is rife with history. With the family desperate , and clamoring to go out somewhere, we decided to take a picnic supper to Sunset River Beach Park. The river itself had very little water at this time, with dry conditions prevalent. We hiked a trail and I was able to access a sandbar in the middle of the river due to the low water flow. There was still some late autumn/early winter color to be had. I used a 10-stop ND filter to slow down the water flow, and processed the picture in LR to bring out the color a bit.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor