Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Light and Shadow. I have been accused of “photoshopping” this image – not true – although the timing was impeccable!
My wife and I were walking the narrow streets of Montalcino, a hill town in Italy famous for its Brunello red wine, looking for the warm, Mediterranean light that Tuscany is famed for. We rounded a corner and there it was – a light and its shadow! It stopped us in our tracks. Not only was the shadow in perfect alignment with the streetlight but it gave the illusion that the shadow extended into the stone wall.
Although I would like to claim that the capture of this image was planned for it was all about being in the right place at the right moment and simply looking for a scene to photograph.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor