TAKE PART • WIN $100
My wife and I drove out of the mountains at lake Tahoe, where the snow was deep on the ground, to a remote spot in the northern corner of Death Valley. The late afternoon was warm, and I saw someone hiking up the dunes as soon as I erected the tent. It was hard hiking uphill on these large dunes in the soft sand, but the light was fantastic. I tried to keep the other hiker in view while looking for the most interesting foreground, as the sun sank lower to the horizon. This tiny skeleton of a bush was strongly lit with light that was barely skimming across the ripples in the sand. I took a series of photos here, being conscious of where to step and where to skirt, and made my way to the busshes in the midground, but this was the best of the bunch!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor