Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
In early April of this year I had the opportunity to visit the Vicentina Coast, an area that is part of a Natural Park. This coastal region belongs to the western part of the Algarve province in Portugal, but rather than featuring the more familiar and popular balmy beaches of the south, it is characterized by less visited beaches. This coastline is exposed to a stronger influence of the Atlantic Ocean, and as such its beaches are subjected to the constant action of the wind and waves. The are near the coast is characterized by tall cliffs that have been eroded through time, resulting in a flat terrain that is cut by deep ravines. The strong winds prevent the growth of tall trees, and so the vegetation is mostly composed of small shrubs.
During my visit this Spring, the hills were covered in large areas by blooming yellow flowers, adding a colorful tone to the region. This photo was made in the late afternoon, a couple of kilometers from the sea, and looking towards the West. In the distance, the sea is covered with light fog, which helps to add more importance to the flowers in the foreground. I spend some time making several photos with both wide and short telephoto lenses, and in the end, I chose this one because it shows nicely the key elements: the field of flowers receding into the foggy coastline. I had to wait until the sunshine would break through the cloud cover to shoot, but it was well worth it merely to be there listening to the wind and experiencing this wild coast.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor