Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The Superstition Wilderness east of Phoenix is a wonderland of rock formations and majestic mountains that loom over what I can only describe as lush desert. The Supes, as they are affectionately known, are a favorite hiking destination for much of the year and I certainly count myself among those who get great enjoyment out of exploring their many wonders. My most recent excursion was a hike on the Boulder Canyon trail, which begins from the shores of Canyon Lake and quickly ascends to a ridge line before descending into its namesake canyon. The reward for the ridge climb is a look into the heart of the wilderness with several of its most prominent landmarks aligned. LaBarge Box, Battleship Mountain and Weaver’s Needle are all well capable of carrying a photo in their own right, but seeing them all laid out in front of me in late-morning light with just a little bit of haze was quite a sight. I was a bit worried the light would be too harsh, but my polarizer did a great job of keeping the colors from being washed out and adding some very important contrast. The result is a shot that does a great job of reminding me of the hike and making me want to go back!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor