Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This is one of my favorite shots from my time in Norway. This spot is the second highest peak in Senja and to get here for sunrise, we had to start hiking at 1am from our campsite that was already halfway up the mountain. The path was quite exposed and therefore very cold and windy, even in August. A very steep rock scramble stood between us and the summit but thankfully that section of the climb was shielded from the intense winds or we might not have made it to the top.
Once we arrived at the summit there was no break from the relentless winds except for a few large boulders that I needed to lay down behind in order to have any respite. With the glow on the horizon, I went back and forth between shelter and different spots on the summit testing compositions. With the vastness of the Island of Senja laid out in front of me, I knew I needed to do a Panorama in order to capture this complete scene. I found a spot that gave a great view of the unique mountain formation that created a kind of bowl that sent wind screaming up the rock face in front of me. I set up far enough from the edge not to have my camera impacted by the wind and took some test shots and knew this was the spot. Then I fixed my eyes on the distant mountains and waited for the sun to rise.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor