There are 63 national parks in the United States. I have visited many of them and have never been disappointed. Last year I went to Badlands National Park in South Dakota for the second time. The first time I was there, I was very young and didn't really appreciate the park's beauty. I spent several days in the park this time and enjoyed every gorgeous sunrise and sunset.
Badlands National Park comprises 242,756 acres (379.3 sq mi; 982.4 km2) of sharply eroded buttes and pinnacles, along with the largest undisturbed mixed grass prairie in the United States. The many colors in the landscape were beautiful, especially in the evening and morning light. The park also has an abundance of wildlife. I saw many bison, bighorn sheep, mule deer and prairie dogs.
Even though I was there over the Fourth of July weekend, I was pleasantly surprised that it was not crowded. I often felt like I was the only one in the park when I got up early. I feel like Badlands National park is an undiscovered jewel in the national park system.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor