Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Secret Beach in Oregon is not secret, but it is not easy to find. A short, steep hike down to this beach brings you to one of the prettiest places on the Oregon coast. I have been here at various times of day and night, trying to photograph the scene with different light and compositions. And I have been dissatisfied with most of the images because of the lighting and composition. I liked this image, however, because the diffuse side lighting helped bring out textures in the rock faces and reduce the strong contrasts that can appear in this scene. The clouds brought interest to the sky, and the highlights in the sky and white water helped to lead subtlely from the lower left corner to the opposite corner.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor