Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
this photograph was taken while I was wandering through the streets of the Tuscan Emilian Apennines by car. The day seemed to be very disappointing, then from the window I noticed on a hill near the road some lonely chestnut trees with a nice branching. at first I wanted to scan the tree in such a way that some mountains could be seen in the background but the result was disappointing. I then noticed, as I moved away a little, that the sun was casting splendid shadows of the branches on the ground, so I decided to try to underexpose the photo to enhance the texture of the shadows. the result is this silohuette against the light where the tree and its obra melt together. Between the branches there is a small flair which, however, I decided to keep because after several experiments I felt that it gave more naturalness to the shotI used a polarizer and the photograph was taken freehand without a tripod.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor