Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Forestal environments are usually pretty chaotic and therefore challenging to photograph, at least for me. Fog and mist make it more easy to separate certain elements from a scene and leave other out at the same time. It also adds a mystic atmosphere to it. I used a long telephoto lens in order to visually compress the layers in the image so that the tree in the background appears much closer to the bush in the foreground that it in reality did. I opted for a monochrome conversion as the original file didn't have much color to start with. I added a tiny splash of toning to make the image come alive.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor