Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I spent several days at White Sands National Park in late July, hoping to shoot monsoon storms. As usually happens, there were hardly any storms when I was there. On this particular morning it was overcast with low clouds, so there wasn't much color in the sunrise. I found this yucca and took a shot of it against the clouds, which were almost the same color as the white gypsum sands. It created an ethereal effect, where it was hard to tell where the horizon ended and the sky began. Someone suggested I call this "Almost Nothing", so that's what I went with.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor