Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Despite a rather damp weather forecast for an early November morning, I decided to drive from my home on the coast up onto Dartmoor to visit Wistman's Wood. This much photographed ancient woodland is a small surviving part of the vast upland oak woodland that used to cover much of hilly England.
The trees grow out of a floor covered by weathered granite boulders and assume these very contorted shapes and, due to the very damp conditions, become the home of many ferns, mosses and lichens that thrive in such conditions. They present many opportunities for images but on this day I just had time to grab a couple of shots before the cloud descended, the torrential rain started and the light faded fast.
Despite the deteriorating conditions I was pleased with the result and the contrast between the russet leaves and the green mosses but I did get very wet!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor