This image was taken in Glacier National Park near the Many Glacier Hotel in East Glacier, on Swiftcurrent Lake. It was morning, and the lake was calm at first but started to get choppy, so I decided to use a slow shutter speed.
I was born in Montana but have lived in Texas since I was a baby, except for five years. I spent most summers growing up and adulthood in the woods, trails, and lakes of Montana near Glacier Park. My Grandmother lived in Bigfork.
Since my husband's death 2 years ago, I have tried to make it to Montana in the summer, and it is the place that heals my soul. The mountains and all that accompany them have always filled me with awe. I love my time here and always am refreshed by the beauty.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor