Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
At the Eastern end of the gorge, this stunning vista is a front-row seat to the mighty Columbia River as it unfurls and cuts through the Cascade mountains. And for just a few weeks each year, the slopes morph into gold.
Here, the sun's warm light channels down the gorge, bouncing off of basalt cliffs into fields of balsamroot sunflowers.
The result came from three focus-stacked frames since the first grouping of flowers was five inches from my lens, and I wanted everything to be tack sharp. The wind was ripping, so I tediously blended them in Photoshop, giving me a lot of time to appreciate the fine details. Shooting with a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the motion meant driving the ISO up to 1000, which is no problem for modern equipment. What an amazing time to be a photographer!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor