Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Smith Rock State Park is a geographic marvel located in the middle of the high desert of Central Oregon. Formed by the remnants of a massive volcanic caldera, an incredible array of spires and cliffs provide an irresistible attraction to hikers, rock climbers, casual sightseers and, of course, photographers. On this particular morning I was working on a panorama from a location I have visited multiple times.
The objective was to capture the massive Phoenix Buttress in front of me, the Crooked River winding below me while framing the image with the Cascades to my far left and the escarpment stretching out to my right. This image is comprised of 5 separate vertically oriented frames. The timing of the shot is critical in order to capture the newly rising sunlight scraping across the peaks of the cascades while not yet creating a horizontal shadow line across the base of the buttress itself. I was hoping for more high altitude clouds and sky color than materialized with the shot, but was still sufficiently pleased with the final outcome to share it here.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor