Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This photo was made about 2 years ago in Almograve beach, in the southwest coast of Alentejo, Portugal. I remember it well because it coincided with the end of the first Covid-19 lockdown, and I seized the opportunity to visit this area.
I have a small house nearby, which I use as a sort of base from where to visit the entire region, which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful in the country. Thus, one very early morning, as the sun was about to rise, I set up my camera and lens on the tripod and made several photos of this beach.
I have known the area for more than 40 years, and I have numerous childhood memories of family summer vacations. In fact, the rock that shows in the photo was used as a diving spot by kids, an activity that is not permitted by the lifeguards today. This morning, the sunlight was coming over the sand dunes on my back, and the soft light was coloring the sky in soft pink tones. I like how the sky and the sand share a common soft pink color, with the band of blue ocean water in the middle.
I opted for a long exposure to soften the mood of the image, in tune with the soft light. The waves have a misty feel to them, and the dark rock emerges from the water, almost like the back of a sea monster. More than once I had to watch out for the incoming waves, at the same ensuring that the tripod was securely placed, as the sand was quite soft.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor