For some months, I planned to take a picture from Lake Walchensee in Bavaria, where the sky is not blue, and the weather is moody, ideally with some nice sunset colours. This day and the whole of April, we have had unusually very rainy and cold weather periods, leading to some disappointment while approaching this spot on the way up to the mountain because it was very cloudy and rainy. But then, from where the roads take you down again to the lake, I noticed some patches of blue sky, thinking I might have a chance for a rainbow, and indeed it was there, as not planned; the lake is known for its turquoise water, nicely contrasting with the fresh greens of the meadow in the background.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor