TAKE PART • WIN $100
Having had our long planned-for Antarctic trip cancelled only 24 hours before we were due to set sail from Ushuaia, we decided to salvage something from the journey so flew up to El Calafate which we used as a base for the next 10 days as we discovered something of Patagonia. El Calafate sits on the southern shores of Lake Argentina and our small hotel was just to the west of the town. As we entered the dining room on our first night feeling very despondent about our aborted voyage, our spirits were lifted by the stunning view from the hotel across the lake to the distant mountains. I grabbed my camera and took a number of shots of the constantly changing evening light and colours. The view was panoramic so I used my 70-300 mm lens too limit the scope of the shot. This is my favourite and is a very fond reminder of our short Patagonian adventure.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor