This was my second trip to the south coast of Iceland, and I wanted to focus on Stokksnes for some sunrise pictures.
The sun rose along the coast in May, presenting some good light conditions. The day before, I had awoken to a sideways snow windstorm and didn't get what I was after. This was the following day.
I was staying in Hofn village, which allowed me to get to the beach quickly. I had with me my Zeiss 28mm Otus lens and used it to capture motion in the waves and sunrise light in the distance.
This image was a three-shot blend merged in Lightroom at the hotel.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor